Just Someone

Another second.
Another minute.
Another hour.
Another day.
And so my life goes on.
The blink of an eye,
And soon it will be gone
When the last hour arrives,
The happy moments and the sad stories
Are of the same colour,
And only truth survives.

But before I exhale my last breath,
There is a long journey ahead.
I walk.
I stumble.
I tremble.
But I get up again.
I walk not towards perfection,
Because beyond the walls of perfection is nothingness,
Is emptiness.
Instead I walk towards being correct.
I walk towards being right.
And my journey ends at the eternal light.

But it is not about what lies in the end.
Because it is journey that decides the end.
And I go on and cover the miles,
I wipe a tear and spread some smiles.
Round the corner I meet a friend,
And the wind brings back the old memories again.
But I can't stop because the road doesn't end.
There is still so much to do in the world,
There is still so much to mend.

I touch another heart
And sow the seed of belief.
I can already see it growing
The shoot, the stems, the leaves
And the budding pure white faith.

I don't want to be remembered for the fame that I earned
But yes, I want to be remembered for how much I was loved.
And the love I returned.
I don't want people to look at the golden statues that I made
Or think of me as great.
I would rather be remembered as good
Because goodness never fades.

I do not want to be supreme
And I don't want to be great.
Because greatness goes into ashes,
And supremacy goes waste.
I do not want to be the one.
I am not in that race.
I am not in that run.
All I strive to be is
Just someone.


- Stuti Shrivastava

0 comments: